Friday 7 October 2011

Interiors

Been researching photography based on interiors as a Marketeer friend of mine has this idea of shooting interiors of 4 and 5 star hotels for their websites. Despite the technicalities of metering etc..I´m looking at what gear I may or may not need. It seems that I´m gonna be shooting at f8 or more to enable a reasonable DOF. This means two things, long exposures and tripods (possible monopod?). Second, lenses? I´m probably looking at around a 10mm lens in order to get nice "panoramics" of swimming pools, restaurants etc..and of course for the bedrooms themselves. Think I´ll research a little more the Tokina 11-16mm which Ken Rockwell recommends but more on that later. I may have to risk my 18-105mm (and make adjustments on Photoshop for the ineveitable barrel distortion!) and see where my limitations lie. If and when this project becomes a viable business I can then buy the tokina or similar and for now too I also have my 28mm f2.8 prime so we´ll see how these couple together. Of course I have no intention on sticking with the 18-105mm but for now it´ll have to suffice!

No comments:

Post a Comment