Sunday 16 October 2011

Studio session : 5 actors - one afternoon.

Just finished doing the photo-shoot of 5 actors primarily for portfolio head-shots. The entire shoot and setup took 8 hours in total, 5 hours were 1 hour for each person which in retrospect was too compacted. Next time I´d definitely give myself a break after 3 hours for two reasons. One, to check the shots were up to par and two, to refresh my energy and enthusiasm for the inevitable tiredness at the end of the session.

I learnt a few good things after the shoot. One was that changing lenses often leads to dirty shots which meant a lot more processing on Photoshop. Two, use of tripod with fast flash and a soft box isn´t necessary and for my style at least was restrictive. Next time I´m going to check shots during shoot, shoot hand-held for flexibility and MORE INTERESTING angles. Third, to take a rest and refresh myself.

Overall though it was a complete success although I have to confess without an assistant and someone to double check me it would have been a lot more difficult.

I also did a quick analysis on Adobe bridge to find out how many shots I did and at what settings. Here are my results based on largest number of shots ready to go out:

1) F-stop: F14 - F16
2) focal length 50mm followed by 90mm
3) 18-105mm lens and 50mm lens produced the best shots out of the ones picked to pass on.
NB 90mm wasn´t too far either but the first two produced around 25 percent more.
4) ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment